Sunday, October 25, 2009

10.25.09


10.25.09- 0024, originally uploaded by creativelenna.

A beautiful day, and a day that marks 5 years since I called Steven Deming at work to talk about my husband John leaving me. Steven and John had gone to school together, and Steven and I had been friends since I was 15 years old (I was 47 at the time). Little did i know when i picked up the phone that day that 3 weeks and 300 or so emails later, Steven and I would decide/know we were getting married when my divorce was final. Amazing!! Simply amazing.

While we had an Open House today we drove to Farmington to take a walk with the pups -click on the photo above to see some lovely fall photographs of CT. When we got there, it was then that I remembered that Steven had taken me to this same park and same path, 5 years ago when we were first together . . . . amazing.

5 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to have good memories to erase (or, at least, ease) bad ones, isn't it? May you and Steven have many more good years to make beautiful memories, Lenna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just simply a beautiful post, beautiful photos, and a beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Lenna!
    Gorgeous story about you and Stephen! Congratulations on 5 years! (Jon and I just celebrated our 5th anniversary too -26th Sep!)Will look at your photos later as the computer is on a bit of a 'go slow' Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you many more happy years! Remember to celebrate every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can hardly believe it has been 5 years already since that auspicious day!! Time seems to have flown by and so much has happened since then. I'm so happy for you both that you decided to pick up the phone that day. It was simply meant to be!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...