Tuesday, September 29, 2009

universe collage

The collage you see above, started with the image below! A few days ago I took this image and a few others from my Vintage collection and used my ink-jet printer to print them onto textured watercolor paper. I experimented with adding water to these ink-jet printed images, as i knew the water would make the ink run. You can see an ATC I created with this same technique on a previous post.

The water muted the image quite a bit as you can see above on the collage, but i liked it, and this faded image gave me an idea. The woman looked like she was looking up at the stars and I knew I had a magazine page with stars and planets on it in my scrap box. I got out a 9x12 piece of paper and glued these 2 elements down first. Dyed tissue paper was used as another background paper (it looked like the sky). Later, I added more ripped sections of this paper after using watercolor crayons to fill in and add shades of blue to the piece. The words (a collaborative poem) were printed and cut out. Everything except the tissue paper was adhered by using the xyron adhesive system (this makes plain paper into a sticker) . . . and I used plain white tacky glue, sparingly, to adhere the tissue paper. The words above the woman, 'starry heaven', are from the Tell Me A Story collage sheet at ARTchixStudio.com.

I love to splatter paint and ink and found myself doing that again here with a silver glitter marker, shaking the pen and tapping it on my finger. I also used a Brilliance Platinum Planet ink pad (silver!) to rubber stamp stars, a moon and swirls -then heat set the whole collage to finish it. -lenna young andrews, september 29, 2009

4 comments:

  1. wonderful collage - and I love the technique - I'm going to try it the very first chance I get to 'play!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a beautiful universe it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you "splatter" away and what emerges is a totally gorgeous piece of art. The vintage images you're using are so much what I love too, and what you do with them is truely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely piece Lenna, you are still amazing me!! This is gorgeous, so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...