Wednesday, September 16, 2009

playing card ATC

While working on my "Orange & Green" Colour Groupies ATCs for our October exchange, I had an idea for a totally different design. So, I set the Orange & Green  ATCs aside and went ahead with it. I glued two playing cards together, then added some of the same green & orange Lumiere paint to this new ATC with my finger. The Colour Groupies ATCs will be forthcoming shortly after they have all been received, but this extra and different one, I can share with you now!


I stamped the quotes (old LennaLines rubber stamp quotes) on tissue paper and used gel medium to adhere this paper to the ATC. Then, I added other rubber stamps directly to the playing card on both sides, with permanent StazOn inks, all on a love theme. VoilĂ ! King me!

8 comments:

  1. Lenna,

    These look really nice...I've got a deck of pink cards that I've had the same idea of altering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great Lenna, and your quotes are always so appropriate for the images! Love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have those wonderful Lenna quotation stamps and they remain my favourites. I love the way you've used this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenna, BTW, I wanted to congratulate you on Helga's checkerboard challenge win!! Loved your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was justing using my LennaLines yesterday! It's what reminded to come in and check on your blog and new art. I'm keeping wishing that someday inspiration and desire will strike you like a lightning bolt and we'll have some new LennaLines sheets.......a girl can dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have to do anything to the surface of your playing cards to get paints, gesso, markers or glued images etc. to adhere?

    You set is very inspiring and i would like to do a deck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, i did not prepare the playing cards in any way! The lumiere paint you see on the edges stuck by itself no problem, StaZOn inks for stamping are great for surfaces like that and the papers put on either gel medium or glue were fine too. Try it! : )) and thank you for your comment! lenna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...