Friday, September 25, 2009

Orange and Green ATCs

The Colour Groupies group is at it again -the fab 5 who make ATCs on a color combination theme every month! For October our color-combo is "orange and green" and I just got word that everyone has received their ATCs from me, so I can share them now.
This month I decided to make nature printed ATCs for my friends and pulled out my Lumiere paints, which have a lovely sparkle.
I used both halo Pink Gold and halo Blue Gold, which really do look orange & green with a shimmer of gold added! You can read a brief description on how to do nature printing within my free fabric stamping tutorial that is up on the Joggles.com site.
For Tristan. . . .


For me! . . . .


Below, for Frieda . . . .


For Debby . . . .
and for Caryl . . . .
To make these cards I took plain white cards, about 2.5 x 3.5 inches in size and used real leaves and Lumiere paints for the nature printing. I made 5 ATCs for the group plus a few extras, very similar to these, that I could give to friends as gifts. When the paint was dry I took a number of fun unmounted quote stamps from Zettiology and stamped on top of the leaf prints with permanent StazOn ink.
I also rummaged around for a little pink-orange & green tissue paper to fill in some of the areas around the printing which was looking too white for me. I finished the edges of these ATCs with a light brush stroke of some of the same colors of Lumiere I used for the printing. i hope you enjoy and try nature printing yourself. it is a blast!
lenna young andrews, September 25th, 2009.

6 comments:

  1. These look like botanical studies. They are delicate yet strong.
    Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature at its best - I love autumn and you have captured the colors so beautifully! This is something I may experiment with soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your techniques....these are stunning Lenna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful - I love the texture of the leaves and the colours are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I love my card! It's great to read about how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... and mine looks even more beautiful in person!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...