Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Checkerboard Fun: ARTchix Weekly Challenge!

Helga Strauss at myartisticlife.typepad.com has given us a new challenge: to try out some checkerboard fun! I never work in an organized fashion like this except for once before when she gave us a challenge of working with a 'grid', so it was really a wonderful challenge for me. I used images from the new Paris bookmark sheets, ooh lala -found at http://www.artchixstudio.com/ - and also used some of my favorite rubber stamps from Claudia Rose. Of course, i reached for my watercolour crayons too, as they were still out on the table. I really did have fun creating this! The "marvelous treasure" image with the buttons in the middle, comes from the bookmark i made originally for this ARTchix Swap swap; Helga used all the Paris Bookmark entries to produce these awesome collage sheets -the ones on my challenge piece are just a few of the images. I feel very lucky that she gifted them to all the participants, including me!

: ) Thank you, Helga!

Note added 09/16/09 ~ I was so tickled to learn tonight that Helga chose my piece as one of her favorites in her Checkerboard Blog Challenge - yowza! I am honored. My prize was to choose 3 ARTchix Studio image sheets . . . i picked an old favorite: Over the Moon, and two brand new sheets: Sepia Style and Sepia Birds!

6 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL Lenna!! LOVELY piece...love that blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the message you have created here...love the colors and the contrast and the Paris elements especially!! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this collage, Lenna!!! Another gorgeous piece! Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful, Lenna, love the colours, the inspirational words and images. As a quilter I simply adore grids and this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenna, this is absolutely stunning! Your colour and image choices are spot on, as always.

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this creative format for your collages!!The colors so bright and the words I love everything about this!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...