Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Altered Book RR - Thank you Sue!


lennaSueC.Book3crop, originally uploaded by creativelenna.

I want to thank Sue Cervantez, whose book I recently worked in for our 2009-2010 Altered Book RR. This Round Robin is hosted by Sallie Rodman and I was invited to join the group this year. Sue's book is the first book to come my way. I love to share my art and how i create it as i work, but the group had not done that in the past. So, when finishing her spreads, I asked Sue how she felt about that. She encouraged me to share my art in her book online . . . but she will not peek at it until it comes home, because she likes being surprised seeing her book stuffed with art when it returns to her!

Thank you Sue, for saying it was okay to share!! Above is a cropped portion, close-up of one of the pages i did in Sue's book. If you click on the photo it will bring you to a few more scans of my work in Sue's book and lots of description on what i did. This is the first time in a long time I have worked in an Altered Book. The very first time i altered a book was back in 2001, with a number of exchanges since, but none for about 2 years now. I am so grateful to Sallie Rodman for inviting me. Yours creatively, lenna young andrews, September 22, 2009.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing again!! Just amazing...I am out of adjectives to describe my emotions!! I linked to your flickr of these pages and I am amazed! I sooooo wish I could think and create at this level, it is over the top!!The best I've seen so far, and I'm sure you will continue to surprise me! I am quite attracted to the beautiful organized messiness you create, I always land up with just organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Lenna! Sharon is so right, this is just amazing. Very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lenna,
    Ok, I peeked. I had to look at Sue's book since I won't get it until last! I'm before her in the RR so Sue's book is always my last one. I LOVEEEE what you have done, can you explain to us how you followed her "green" theme? I'm sure everyone would I'd love to hear how this fit into her theme.
    Hugs!
    Sallie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...