Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weekly Art Challenge: Masterboard Playtime!

I am back from a lovely visit with my mom & dad in Florida, and while I was there, I made time to work on Helga's art challenge for August 25th - Masterboard Playtime! : ) Helga created a very cool "masterboard" for this challenge. You can read all about how she made it, using the link above. It really is the base for the fabric ATCs I have created here. For my pieces, I took Helga's masterboard and color copied it onto a prepared fabric sheet! I cut sections of the fabric into Artist Trading card sizes, (2.5" x 3.5") added text from the Her Words sheet and also small snippets of paper (the green triangles & hearts). Then I sewed the finished fronts to a bright tie-dye fabric backing with a bit of cardstock in-between for stiffness. GREAT challenge, Helga, wow!! I so loved collaborating with you! xo lenna young andrews, august 25th, 2009.
p.s. 8/26: Helga chose my entry as one of her favorites -i am psyched i can choose 3 artchix sheets! I am also very honored with so many awesome entries. See Helga's favorites here!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Lenna, these are absolutely gorgeous!!!! Hope you had a wonderful vacation! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo!!!!!!
    Leave it to you to be so innovative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna, these are so gorgeous, love them. I love Helga's masterboard also, very kewl!!!
    Glad to hear you are back home safe and sound.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful piece with birds as subject. The layering is wonderful and interesting!Thanky for posting some thoughts behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are a real treat - and very intriguing! They make you want to examine each on up close and personal...brava!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post Lenna !
    xox Rini

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...