Thursday, July 30, 2009

ARTchix weekly challenge: just add turquoise!

I am glad Helga, owner of ARTchix Studio, is back with a new challenge inspired by her vacation in the Bahamas ~ just add turquoise! Here's the deal: Make a piece of art (any size or shape) using the color turquoise as your main color. Scan and post it to your blog, flickr account or website and link back to Helga's blog. Then go leave a comment on Helga's 'just add turquoise' post with a link to you blog -cool!
I used fabric I had painted while vacationing on Wolfe island (more on that to follow) to make a fabric ATC for this challenge. I just love receiving an inspiring idea from Helga to push me forward to create! I chose a faux post sticker from the Peace, Tranquility & Harmony sheet, and layered a new transparency image from the royal inchie birds sheet. I used my xyron adhesive sticker maker to do this easily. I added batting and a plain 2.5 x 3.5" card inside for stiffness, then sewed around the images and the edges with a zig zag stitch. Then I decided to add fringe and turquoise beads for a little extra. Thanks again Helga! Just what I needed to do on a rainy afternoon in CT . . .

8 comments:

  1. Oh Lenna, this is just beautiful! Love your handpainted background in beautiful blues! So pretty!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lusciouscolors and tones, makes me want to see what's inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna this is beautiful , love the color .
    Love from Rini the Netherlands .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lenna! ooh Your painted fabric, banner, and this ATC are just great! What kind of paint did you use? My 14 yr old and I played with Jacquard's Lumiere today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Again Lenna! I just posted a little turquoise quiltie - not for ARTchix's challenge, but for an altered canvas bag round round I'm in. Thought you might like to take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous painted colors Lenna! I feel like I'm in the water...lovely display of the color Turquoise!

    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful ... makes me want to dive right into the ocean!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...