Saturday, July 4, 2009

ARTchix Weekly Challenge 7/7/09 ~ play with pink & blue

Note on July 9 - These twinchies were chosen as one of Helga's favorites for this challenge and I have won the new Chixies Art Blast Collection! Thanks so much, Helga!
For Helga's weekly challenge on her blog I played with the colors pink & blue! Amazingly, in the monthly color combo I participate in with 4 friends, we have yet to work with this particular combination . . .

I decided to make 'Twinchies', which are 2"x 2" squares, as I already had some watercolor cards cut in that size . . .

I used various words (fortunes) and images from the ARTchix Imagine collage sheet, a sticker from the Chixies True Colors Sticker collection (spoil me muse -i love art) and wonderful words that I love from the Her Words collage sheet. I painted the watercolor squares first with Twinkling H2Os water colors in watery shades of pink & blue, added a bit of blue checked scrapbook paper and finished them all with a blue glitter pen. This was just what I needed to do today. Thanks for the challenge, Helga!

8 comments:

  1. These are lovely Lenna! I am planning on doing something for this challenge too, but so far I haven't done anything except look at some of my pink and blue supplies laying around.

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is how I always start, Cindy . . . by getting out a bunch of different things on the theme! Then I just dive in and try things out. I am sure you will have something cool put together before long : ^ ) lenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work, Lenna!!! Pink & Blue, eh!!!!!!! hehehe..
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning collection of twinchies. And we must remember that colour combo. You've done such wonderful things with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful set of twinchies Lenna!! Love your banner too!!! :)Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love your bright pink and blue collages, Lenna! They jump off the page, so gorgeous! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pink and blue goodies! Don't you just love playing Helga's Challenges...she does inspire us so!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, all! I just love helga's challenges : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...