Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hot Red and Blue ::: July Colour Groupies ATCs


The color combo for July is: Hot Red and Blue!
This is part of my on-going monthly exchange with Colour Groupies -- a small group of mixed media & fabric artists that includes me, Frieda Oxenham, Debby Harriettha, Tristan Robin Blakeman and Caryl Hoobler.

The first ATC you see here, is the one I made and kept for myself. The color red, and particularly HOT Red, is not a color I usually reach for. Fortunately, I had a silky red drawstring bag in my fabric stash that I used to cut the backs and a small section for the front. Sometimes I like to make paper ATCs for this group and sometimes I make fabric . . . I certainly enjoy that I have the freedom to do what I like!

Here are the backs - very simple, but they get the color across!


For Caryl :

For Debby :



For Frieda :



And For Tristan :


To create them I simply cut out the front fabrics, laid some batting in the middle and stitched the fabrics and batting together with a zigzag stitch. Then I cut out paper hearts from the Heart and Soul collage sheet offered by ARTchix Studio. I used my machine to sew the paper hearts to the front of the ATC, one of my favorite things to do! The collage images all had a touch of red, and my machine's thread was switched to red for this month's color combo. Lastly, I sewed the silky red fabric to the backs of all the ATCs and used a sticky label to identify them.

:) another fun combo! I made and sent these a little early, with my June 'forest & rust' combo ATCs and they have all been received. We like to keep it a secret until they have been seen by the recipients!

3 comments:

  1. They are all beautiful and I feel so lucky to have received one! Lovely new look to the blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SMOkin' hot red!

    I love being part of this group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna, these are all just gorgeous. Mine hasn't arrived yet but I can hardly wait.
    Hugs,
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...