Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Anniversary : )

Today, Steven & I celebrated our Fourth (4th!) Wedding Anniversary, wow! Steven joked with me and said he could not believe it -- it seemed longer than that! HA! Don't forget that Steven and I did not tie the knot until we were 48 and 49, but we have known each other and been friends since we were 15 and 16 years old! Of course I wanted to (or needed to?) create something to celebrate this special day with . . . . so I finished the pages of a Star Book that I started as a sample piece in the class I taught in April. I had done the base pages and basic cover, but not completed the inside pages, so I used some appropriately mushy sentiments/snippets from our wedding program, rubber stamping (Cat's Life Press and Magenta), sponging of ink, special photos, and tailored this star book specifically for today, to give to Steven. : )) He loved it and was really happy to have some "Anniversary Art" as he called it!

The Vintage images I used throughout the book are from ARTchix Studio collage sheets . . . .
Click on any photo for more detail and you can see the pages close-up!

Here's Steven working on his laptop while I photograph the book! The hands on the cover & inside page are ours - a scan printed onto fabric. I did this a long time ago, it was simply an extra in my scrap box!




















This last photo I added is to show the Coptic Stitch that binds the three sets of pages together - yes! This is a sewn book, although the covers are glued to the end pages. For more information on this stitch and many other wonderful handmade books, I recommend the book ‘Cover to Cover’ by Shereen LaPlantz. You can find it at Amazon, here.

8 comments:

  1. Your book is a treasure!
    Here is to your next year of bliss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!!!

    Your book is delightful - and I love the way it opens into a three dimensional star - very "creative," lenna. :-)

    hope your anniversary was swell!

    (heh heh - my word verification is "dingo" - and all I can think of right now is "A dinga ayte mah baybee!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you two! Hubby and I celebrated our 21st yesterday. What a beautiful book; very thoughtful and sure to be cherished forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th Anniversay to both of you! Wishing you many more years of love and happiness. Can't believe it is 4 years already.
    Hugs,
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... I can't believe it's 4 years already!!! Your book is gorgeous!! Happy Anniversary and have a blessed year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Four Wonderful Years! Congratulations Lenna and Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Lenna! I didn´t know that you have known each other for sooooo long before you married! Your book is a lovely way to celebrate this anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lena, congratulations on your anniversary, how romantic that you have known each other for so long!!
    Your art work is an inspiration, so thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...