Friday, June 19, 2009

garden party art


Congratulations to Marion Bockelmann who won! My ATC and bookmark are headed your way!












On the ARTchix Studio yahoo group you can participate in a Bi-Weekly lotto. The winner of the last lotto selects a theme, and any group member who wants to creates something small, usually an ATC. This is tossed into the lotto by posting a photo on the group of what you made on the theme using an artchix product. The deadline is announced, and on that day the previous winner randomly chooses a new winner from those who posted their art. Then everyone who entered sends the piece they made to the new winner and he or she chooses a new theme!

I have not played for a while as I have been busy with selling our home, but things have lightened up recently and we are pretty well set for the next house showing, so I decided to dive in and create! Lisa picked a wonderful theme of 'garden party' that I could not resist. Entries are due June 22nd, so as of this post you still have time to join -- just go to the group -- remember you need to be a member to join in. It's easy to do!

I created a fabric ATC with a small paper image from the 'feathered friends' collage sheet. I added words from the 'tell me a story' sheets - transparency and collage. I hand sewed beads on the paper image of the woman in the garden after using my xyron adhesive machine to make a sticker out of it . . . I know I was inspired to do this by my friend in Scotland, Frieda! This is a signature of hers that I am beginning to enjoy.

Well, I also had other ideas so I created another small piece, this time a bookmark. I used 4 sections of the 'Floral Fantasy' sheet I had recently won from Helga for being published in Sew Somerset with a mini chix image - it was perfect for this theme! These images were glued to a piece of watercolor paper. I cut out a small image from the Saucy Showgirls sheet -her dress was laden with flowers and it was just what I wanted for this piece. I used watercolor crayons around the small edge of the watercolor paper and brought some of the color onto the images. I added 'she is free' from my favorite 'her words' collage sheet. I punched a hole through two paper flowers, added a leaf Helga sent me in a goody bag and threaded the ribbons through it all. I also edged the bookmark with a 14K gold marker. Click on any photo for more detail.

: ) lenna

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a gorgeous ATC, Lenna, and I just knew that one day you would succomb to the temptations of beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenna, this is just gorgoeus.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna, these are totally gorgeous!!!

    -HeatherH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenna, these are both delightful! I've got my entry in and all fingers and toes crossed!

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...