Saturday, May 23, 2009

Chocolate & Red ATCs for Colour Groupies

When I went to visit my mom & dad in Florida earlier in the month of May, I brought along a ziploc bag of art goodies that might be appropriate to use for the 'Colour Groupies' May color combo: Red & Chocolate Brown. I love taking a small creative project with me when I travel and really had a lot of fun altering a few more ARTchix Art Blast Playing cards. The first ARTchix Art Blast Playing Card I altered was for one of Helga's weekly challenges (on her blog) ~ you can see the 1st altered card I made here ~ it's truly one of my favorite recent creations.

Shown to the right is the Chocolate & Red ATC I made and kept for my own Colour Groupies collection. Below are the other variations on that theme that I created and sent to each member of our group: Frieda Oxenham, Debby Harriettha, Tristan Robin Blakeman and Caryl Hoobler!

First, I used a chocolate brown Chartpac marker to outline the white edges of the playing cards. I collected transparency images, faux post images, words and phrases from the 'Tell me A Story' collage sheet (really cool phrases), other ARTchix Studio images, RED ribbon, BROWN lace, and RED Paper mesh from ARTchix Studio.com. I brought these items along with some RED wooden bingo chips, a few tiny rubber stamps, a Black StazOn ink pad and a little tiny bottle of glue. Here's what happened when I altered those playing cards . . . I love how they turned out! I hope that my colour groupies friends like them too : )

Below --who else could this be for but Tristan, with these words!










For my dear friend, Frieda:


















For Debby, below left:




and for Caryl, below right!




















You can see close-up views of these ATCs and more, on my flicker photo sharing account.

5 comments:

  1. This is the second card i"ve received from you in the last few months (I also loved the loud art one!) that sits right above my work table!

    Lovin' em!

    edited to add: I can't imagine why my verification word is ... "peewarm"

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny, Tristan!

    : )) glad you are enjoying my ATCs, so very nice. Thanks for the wondeful compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a magical sense of combining materials!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really great to see of all these gorgeous cards together, Lenna. They seem to reinforce each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenna, they are all just fabulous. I loved this color combo. I am laughing about Tristan's word verification...LOL..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...