Sunday, May 3, 2009

12x12 Quilt for my swap

Here is a close-up of the 12x12 quilt I made for my own swap that just concluded this past week. Go to my creative swaps blog to view all the entries: http://tinyurl.com/cpnnjh. We had lots of incredible fabric art produced for this 12x12 fabric techniques swap which also featured recycling or using what you had on hand. There were 32 participants that completed their quilts and sent them in on time, making for a very large & successful swap -Thanks to all who participated!

I recycled a dried rose that I had saved and used it on my quilt! It just seemed appropriate for my theme and I figured if I sealed it with a coating of gel medium, the dried flower would hold up. I swapped my 12x12 with Linda Garcia's 12x12. The swap worked out so that everyone had a partner and I swapped them 1-for-1, which I think was really nice.

To make my quilt I used fabric I had in my stash and Flower & Leaf beads from Alpha Stamps: Glass Leaf Charm Sets and Pearlized Leaf Stick Pins found here at Alpha Stamps and beads, also found at Alpha Stamp on this page. Such lovely, lovely items!

The back of my quilt is also recycled - silky olive green fabric I had saved from an old chemise. I had saved this for some time now, even though I was not wearing it anymore because I so loved the fabric. I cut the edge of the fabric all around to make fringe.





I am a little slow in getting this posted as we just finished our second weekend of Tag Sales designed to clear out our home and my studio. I am happy to say we have done an excellent job! Phew, what a tiring undertaking. But we are on our way. We met again with our real estate agent Charlie Kaylor yesterday, and our home will be put on the market very soon after I return from visiting my Mom & Dad in Florida May 8-12. My Dad is doing well; getting ready for his second round of radiation on the other lobe of his liver - next week. This starts with a CT scan and is usually a 3 step process. I am happy he is doing well, in remission and ready to fight some more! Hopefully it won't take too long to sell our home so that Steven and I will be able to join my parents in Florida. I imagine my attention will be elsewhere for the most part, in the upcoming days - finishing our clearing out & starting to pack, trying to keep the house clean for showings . . . but I am sure I will still be creating a bit (Colour Groupies ATCs, etc) and I will share here with you as I can! Stay well, lenna

4 comments:

  1. Lenna, this is just gorgeous. Love this.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanna I found you with google, you have a wonderful blog, today it's cold and it's rain here in Denmark, I found a post where you are telling have to make fabric paper, thanks for sharing I had a lot of fun making some now I am waiting on it to dry so that I can make ATC og it. Have a nice day (hope you can understand my english)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lenna
    It's kris from Kerr Agency!
    I have a blog too but not as creative as your's!
    I see you are moving :( but I can understand why, I would do the same thing.
    I hope you have great times with your dad.
    Do you think you could pass a long a note to Steve for me? I was wondering if he could sketch a simple moose for me for a tshirt idea I had for my town.
    Thanks
    Kris
    and I'll keep checking your blog to see what you guys are up to!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...