Friday, March 20, 2009

O is for Olive

On the Alpha Stamps yahoo group I participated in a 3 for 3 Artist Trading Card swap. This was a "with one stamp" swap using the O is for Olive rubber stamp! What fun. Here are my 3 for the swap plus 1 extra for me.

I used playing cards for my base (pink!!) and stamped Olive on 4 different materials: patterned vellum, watercolor paper, coated cardstock and interfacing. I layered these together with the playing cards, used watercolor crayons and did some rubber stamping with StazOn inks. The stamp sayings are from old, treasured rubber stamps from my Diva rubber stamp collection - not in business anymore, as far as I know.

"Don't get your knickers in a twist" just seemed perfect to me for this character! If you look closely you will see tiny 2mm iridescent glass spheres bubbling out of Olive's martini glass! I absolutely love these glass spheres!


Thanks to Caroline Outz Hay for hosting!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Lenna and congrats on the Alphastamps home page, it's great to see it there too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...