Wednesday, March 25, 2009

blue & green colour combo ATCs

My green & blue ATCs for the month of March!

I recently got into doing a lot of hand sewing and even some beading for the monthly color-combo ATCs I do for the Colour Groupies . . . Here is this month's results. I sewed paper images from the Green World Collage sheet (ARTchix Studio) and a faux post sheet (also ARTchix), did some embroidery, beading and a few stitches . . .
I almost forgot to mention -- the beautiful little clear blue trumpet and flat blue flower beads are from Alpha Stamps - check them out by following that link -they are very cool! Most of this I did while traveling or back home, waiting for appointments. It is an interesting way to strike up a conversation with someone on a plane!
The most common question I got was, "What are you making??" : )




But probably my favorite part, is to make or decorate envelopes for my friends before I send off my ATCs to them. I try to keep to the monthly colour combo and it is just a fun, creative challenge for me to do this for them if I can. I hear that Frieda's postie in Scotland is even admiring the envelopes!! : )) Click on any photo for more detail.



















Peach and creame are the colours for April, so I am going to go gather some items quick before we leave to visit my parents for a week in Florida. I am sure to be able to have some fun with this while traveling : ) (note on 3/27 - I am already working on them!)









The back of these ATCs were not fabric, but watercolor paper to which I added blue & green water color crayons!

I hope you enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. These photos don't do the finished works justice!

    I just LOVE mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me and color! These are little gems. And THEN you art up the envy!!!! Fun to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna, these are just so awesome! Great eye candy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...