Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mustard & Olive

Here are all of the Colour Groupies Mustard & Olive ATCs -the color combination for January 2009, that I created in December. In fact, I think I started them at home and worked on them while visiting my parents? I can't quite remember because I do that a lot! It's easy to travel with ATCs. Just gather up a few related supplies in a plastic bag & take them along with you on your trip! I found I was even allowed to take small scissors on the plane, by looking the regs up on the TSA site. Taking scissors was not allowed for a while, but it's very helpful to me if I can.

Anyway! Everyone in the group has received these ATCs so I can share them with you now. Sometimes I make paper ATCs & other times I choose fabric for this monthly exchange, depending upon my whim. This month's ATCs were made from paper, or rather a cardstock shipping tag that had been tea-dyed. I enhanced it further by sponging mustard acrylic paint all over the shipping tags, which I then cut down to ATC size.

First I gathered 'paint chips' -samples of paint I had considered for painting our walls, in shades of olive green. I layered them in an interesting fashion on the shipping tag base. I used my xyron adhesive machine to apply adhesive to the back of all of the paint samples, and left the paint colours on the chips visible when possible. To the right is the ATC I made for Caryl Hoobler, and below is the ATC I made for Debby Harriettha.


For the images I choose various fabric collage images from Alpha Stamps, except for Frieda's ATC. I think that was an old image I had found elsewhere in one of my collage boxes. I thought it fit her perfectly with the garden scene and the dogs, so I could not resist!


I also used clear stickers from Alpha Stamps Seaside Slides on some of the ATCs - you'll find them on Caryl's above (in the bottom left corner) and on Tristan's ATC below (across the middle -on bottom left). I added olive green embossed paper, torn to size, and took one very wide piece of satin olive green ribbon and cut it length-wise so we could each have a section on our ATC!





A few word stickers from a scrap booking sheet were added to finish them . . . Here is the one I kept for myself, below right.


Again, thank you to my Colour Groupies friends for all their inspiration, commitment & friendship. It is so FUN to be starting a second year with you!
Frieda Oxenham
Debby Harriettha
Tristan Robin Blakeman and Caryl Hoobler!

2 comments:

  1. These are terrific - I love the color chips! ... and can't wait to get mine in the mail!

    Greedy Tristan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to see them all together, Lenna!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...