Saturday, February 21, 2009

happy birthday to me!

One of my favorite photos . . . me and my mom in 1957, the year I was born. This was a fabric page, a "quiltie" I created for Theresa Hall in the ARTchix Studio Fabric RR I hosted back in 2005. This particular photo of me & my mom has made it's way into many pieces I've created.

I have been enjoying a most wonderful birthday! Last night Steven & I went out to dinner with dear friends and they treated us to a most delicious and fun time. Carol and I share birthdays by just one day and she and her hubby took us to a place we had never been to before. We all had a grand time.

Today has been a quiet day and I have been catching up on work, which was what I wanted to do before I go to visit my parents in Florida on Tuesday for a few days. I talked to both my mom & my dad today. Dad sounded so good - Steven had a long talk with him too, about boats and computers! Dad goes for the 2nd part of his Interventional Radiology treatment on Wednesday, which requires a bit of a stay in the hospital for the day, so I am glad to be there to help out. This is all part of his battle against liver cancer . . . and he is really doing so well it is amazing. I am a lucky woman to have been born 52 years ago to Dale & Priscilla Andrews. Steven says he really has the best time hanging out with them, and I don't know how cool my parents are (I do!).

Speaking of Steven, my love - he made a wish come true for me today with his birthday card for me. Oh, how I laughed when I opened it! Some background for you: Steven is always joking and affecting personalities for our two cats, Star & Farfel -because even though they are brothers with very similar markings, they really have opposite personalities.
(and bodies!)

Star is a real 'bruiser' . . . he weighs more than Farfel, he is always hungry and will steal Farfel's food whether he is looking or not! Star is very assertive and will jump on you if he wants to without warning. He meows quite loudly, as if he is demanding things to happen. He is a beautiful cat, and I would say Star is Steven's favorite of the two . . . .

Steven is always joking around to me that Star has a beer belly, smokes a cigar, is quite the 'manly' guy, and often times has him making rude remarks! Steven even uses different 'voices' when he is vocalizing their thoughts . . . . and always makes me laugh with these characterizations!

Farfel on the other hand, is long & lean, and loves to walk the 'balance beam' on the cat scratching post Steven made... and does this very well! Below is a photo of him chasing a fly in my office!

Farfel mews quietly, his fur is soft and silky, he is extremely sweet and very affectionate, he is always looking for pets and nose rubs, he is very graceful and acrobatic - totally the opposite of Star. Steven likes to characterize him as being 'into' yoga and aerobics, home decorating, as very sweet and very sensitive! It is just so amazing what personalities you can come up with for your animals when they show you just a few traits!

Since Steven does such a good job embellishing their personalities and used to draw cartoons all the time - I have been begging him, pleading with him, trying to bribe him to DRAW for me what he verbally jokes about with our two cats! To tell you the truth I almost forgot about this plea and did not expect it to happen . . . . and then, Steven gave me my birthday card today & this is what I saw (below).
WOW! I laughed SO much!

First the envelope, because it is funny since I turned 52 today . . . .



And then, the card! Now, you probably won't find it quite as amusing as I do, but I just had to share this. Thank you so much, Steven. I have had the best birthday! Of course, click on any photo for more details.



: ) lenna




FARFEL and STAR

2 comments:

  1. Happy happy happy!!!

    Your card (and cats!) are wonderful!

    Hope you have/had just a wonderful day!

    There will be package arriving for you this week. All of a sudden I've become one of those always-late-or-last-minute people - and I've NEVER been like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wonderful, Lenna, so happy you had a great birthday and I simply adore the cat card as well as the actual cats!! They look as if butter would not melt, but now we know better!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...