Friday, January 23, 2009

Paper Theaters


Leslie at Alpha Stamps asked me if I would like to be a guest designer for the new Paper Theater items that Alpha Stamps is now offering - what fun!

So, secretly . . . because I was creating these miniatures before the new items were even available . . . I have made 2 Theaters, shown here.

You will find the Diorama Boxes for making these at Alpha Stamps, and all the coordinating collage sheets can be found on the new Paper Theater page.

The large box I used (with the shiny gold fabric curtains-shown above) is 6-1/8" wide x 5-1/8" tall x 3/4" on the sides, with the glass window measuring 5-1/8" x 4-3/16".

The small box shown to the right is 4-1/4" tall x 3-1/4" wide x 3/4" on the sides, with the glass window measuring 3-1/2" x 2-1/2".

These are a lot of fun to put together!
Click on any image for more detail.

I used foam mounting tape to achieve different "levels" within my theaters. I think my attempts are fairly simple compared to some of the talented Design Team Members at Alpha Stamps.... Wow! There are some amazing intricate and detailed theaters made by the Team. You can view ALL of the Paper Theaters in the Alpha Stamps Gallery - enjoy!


The frame for this Theater (R) is from the Fairy Tale Curtains collage sheet - I just love that cat band! The couple holding the Banner is from the Large Theatre Harlequin sheet, and the columns and arches are from the Large Theatre Jumping Jacks sheet - all of these sheets are found at Alpha Stamps on this page. The dancing couple is from the Dance Costumes collage sheet and the background images behind the arches are from Pierrot #3 -click on the image to see it better!

1 comment:

  1. These look beautiful, Lenna, and you've put so much work into them. It's great so have you back, even temporary, as a member of the AS Team! I found these theatres very difficult to get to grips with but will upload mine in the near future!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...