Monday, November 10, 2008

Studio Classes continue . . .

Last week on Tuesday, I had 5 students over to work in my studio learning image transfer techniques. I forgot to take any photos during class; the photo here is of my own working space, when class was over! To see more of what my studio looks like with students actively working - visit my pictureTrail. There are a photos of some of the 2008 classes held in my Avon, CT studio, in the top left album.

Image transfers are definitely tricky and an all day class (10-3) is a great way to try a number of transfer methods and different materials and get comfortable. It also gave us time for a nice break in the middle of class for lunch (homemade soup and bread, salad) and to look at all the art that has come in for the swaps I host in person. My hope with this class is that students will have a number successful transfers to bring home and use in other projects as well as find the best methods for transfering for them. So many choices and variables!

Upcoming studio classes:

Sunday, November 16th, 2008: Collage - Techniques on Canvas 11am-4pm
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008: Painting & Stamping Silk Scarves 10:00am-1:30pm
Saturday, December 6th, 2008: Painting & Stamping Silk Scarves 10:00am-1:30pm
Wednesday, January 14th (New Date to be announced!): The Star Book 10am-4pm
Saturday, February 7th, 2009: The Accordion Fabric Panel Book 10am-4pm

E-mail me with questions or to register!
yours, creatively, Lenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...