Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Bubbles" Artist Trading Cards: ARTchix Swap and Collaborative Project



Well, it must be pretty obvious by now that I use art swaps, exchanges, and collaborative projects to keep myself inspired & creating! Here are photos from my most recent creative session of making ATCs for an ARTchix Studio project. You can click on any picture for more detail.


We were required to create 6 Artist Trading Cards (collages that are each 2.5" x 3.5") with "bubbles", circles and/or dots. The ATCs were to be original artwork only and we were required to use at least 1 ARTchix collage sheet image when creating. When the artwork has been received, Helga from ARTchix Studio will select her favorites to create a collection of new buttons. One winner will win a $100 gift certificate to the ARTchix Studio online shop -wow!



I really had fun with these! I started with a piece of scrapbook paper that already had dots or "bubbles" on it. See the back of my ATCs below to get a better idea; I used the same paper on the back after running it through my printer to add the swap information.

I started by using a circle template and cutting out various faces from ARTchix Studio collage sheets. Then I decided to punch holes out of some of the long rectangular images from the Sea Dreams sheet and place my cut out faces inside the hole/frame. Then I used the Sea dreams sheet and punched out or cut out bubbles (with the template as a guide) in a variety of sizes. I edged many of these circles with both a metallic gold pen and a sparkly gold glitter pen.

There was a piece of sequin waste on my table -ah ha! Another circle shape. At first I dabbed black paint though the holes, then added Brass Lumiere paint halfway on top of the black circles. This paint really looks sparkly gold, not brass! I liked how the sequin waste looked after the gold paint had been dabbed on, so I cut sections of that and added it with white Tacky glue. The excess glue around the edges of the sequin waste made me think - hmm, a perfect opportunity for adding a few iridescent glass spheres, micro beads & glitter!

I glued the scrapbook paper to a watercolor card sized 2.5" x 3.5" and ran my Deco gold glitter pen around all the edges as well as using it to create a few bubbles of my own on the front of the card. I used what was left of the scrapbook paper and used my computer to print my info to fit the card and then glued that onto the other side of the watercolour paper.

Thanks for this swap/project, Helga! It was great fun to do and it challenged me creatively. ; ^ ) lenna

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous collection of cards, Lenna. I love the gold you've used on the cards and can only keep my fingers crossed. Maybe if I start now, it will do the trick and I'll get a close-up look in due course!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...