Monday, June 23, 2008

Purple & Green ::: Colour Groupies' June ATCs

Here is what I came up with as my "Purple & Green" ATCs for the Colour Groupies monthly colour combination ATC challenge. First, I started with a collage on paper, actually lightweight purple cardstock. I cut and ripped decorated papers I had in my stash by Stamp Zia that featured green and purple. Then I added rubber stamping, leaves & words, with both VersaCraft and ColorBox inks. I love the stamp saying 'everybody needs art' that I used by CatsLife Press. What that stamp says is exactly how I felt when I was fulfilling this monthly commitment; creating and making art is something everybody needs (or could use!) and I was very glad I was following through with this no matter how busy I was! Creating art makes me feel whole and good. Challenges like this keep me focused and producing. Not always my best art, but it keeps the machinery oiled & working!!!
After making the paper collage part, I decided to sew the purple paper to a fabric backing with green thread, to make it a little different. I am constantly thinking this way when creating things . . . what can I do different with this? What can I try? Most of the time it pleases me and this time it did! You can see my new Brother 60-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine at work too -I just love the different stitches it produces. ~ Thanks to my Colour Groupies buddies: Frieda Oxenham ::: Debby Harriettha ::: Tristan Robin Blakeman ::: Caryl Hoobler for this great exchange every month! To view all of the ATCs I've made through this exchange follow this link ! Click on any scan for more detail.






1 comment:

  1. Needless to say I could not agree more with your stamped sentiment, exactly how I feel too. And like you, I just love our monthly exchanges. I look forward every month to these ATCs and they never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...