Sunday, June 29, 2008

Moon Songs ~ ARTchix Studio Lotto

I think I may have gotten this ATC made just in the nick of time as the deadline is today! On the ARTchix Studio yahoo group there is a Bi-Weekly Lotto where all yahoo group members have a chance to create an ATC (artist trading card) or other small work of art as an entry to win all of the art produced for a theme. Participants upload a scan to a special folder and the host or hostess of the lotto draws one name from all of the participants, randomly. That lucky person wins all the art. Sometimes the owner of ARTchix Studio, Helga Strauss, plays in the lotto -too cool! Click on either image for more detail . . . .

The current lotto theme is 'Moon Songs' or rather, songs about the moon. I could think of a few current songs, but wanted to hear more so I did a Google search for moon+songs and came up with: Parlor Songs - popular sheet music from the 1800's to the 1920's. This sparked my interest and gave me ideas! I saved a number of the sheet music covers I found to m own computer and then printed them out on matte photo paper in a small size.

I really liked the "Teasing Moon" cover, especially because it had a circle in the middle I imagined filling with a round ARTchix Studio image from the Looking Glass sheet, one of my favorites. I did just that to start. Of course this was not enough for me, so I hunted around and found a Lil' Duets Transparency sheet with a few small images I thought would enhance my ATC. I decided sewing these images on would be my best bet since they all were touching the edge of my ATC. I next reached for a Deco Glitter Fabric marker in gold and added a bit of sparkle to the ATC. I finished the back with another ARTchix studio image, this one from the Over the Moon collage sheet, appropriately! I added two strips of ribbon, signed it & smiled!
yours, lenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...