Monday, May 26, 2008

Mini Moo Cards for a Swap!

These are my 'Moo Cards' or mini cards that I created for a swap hosted by Terrie Lightfoot at Lost Art Creations. They are called MOO cards because Moo.com is the name of the UK printing company that can print your photos onto this mini size card for you. How big are they? We made mini cards that were 1 -1/8" wide x 2 -3/4" tall -wow!

We made original, handcrafted mini cards, not printed ones. And because this was a Lost Art Creations swap we needed to use one of the companies collage sheets and one "pretty bit" (fiber, charm or ephemera from LAC).

I choose to work with the Dancer's Paradise sheet which is one of my favorites. I love the colors and the paintings Terrie features. Mmmmm~ I also added a snippet of ribbon to each mini card: Fantasea.

I used a lightweight card stock & cut it to size. Then I cut the collage sheet images up, a little smaller than the mini card. I used glue stick to attach the images to the card stock, then I added some rubber stamping using just part of a stamp (or two or three!). I had some dancer stamps and inked up just a shoe or a hand . . I did the same with a Paula Best stamp, using just a few of the words on the block. I did this in a layered fashion, first with a darker color ink and then with a lighter color ink. (VersaCraft). If a part of the stamp made an impression where I did not like it, I could wipe it away with a rag because it was not heat set yet.







After heat setting the ink, I used one of Tim Holtz's dye based Distress inks around the edges. I was going to sell all of these ink pads at a recent Garage Sale I had, but after seeing my friend & student Carol van Gerve use them in a class I taught, I decided to keep a few!!
(click on any photo for more detail)








I wasn't quite sure they were "done" and the inks I used to stamp a second or third time were still moist, so I decided to sprinkle a little embossing powder on! I heated the embossing powder that had a bit of a sparkle to it, and this gave them an interesting, distressed look. I decided to finish them with a couple of coats of gel medium, gloss! Then I printed labels with my info and used them to hold the snippets of ribbon in place. This was a lot of fun, Terrie! thanks.


2 comments:

  1. I love your work! So creative and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They ended up looking absolutely lovely, Lenna and I can't wait to get my hands on one!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...