Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fabric Collage - Breathe

I'm working on a free online class about how to make image transfers (to fabric) for ARTchix Studio.com using their collage and transparency images. After trying several different transfer methods to write the tutorial, I decided to use one of the iron-on transfers I made for this class to create something -see below : ) I think the image transfers I did onto fabric came out so beautifully, they were simply calling me to work with them! I truly enjoyed creating this piece and matted it on watercolor paper so it is ready to frame, like the two fabric collages I created for Collage Mania II.


Fabric Collage, originally uploaded by creativelenna.



The image in this fabric collage is from the Women in Art paper collage sheet by ArtChix Studio. I transfered this image to fabric using iron-on transfer paper and will give more details on how to do this in the free image transfer class. Some of the other methods I will go over will be printing collage images directly onto fabric and a gel medium transfer technique that works with ARTchix images. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for a site update at ARTchix Studio-that's when you will find this new class uploaded!

Note 5/19/08! The site has been updated! Find all of the ARTchix Studio Free Classes right HERE. I have a number of free classes there and you'll find tons of ideas & instruction from many acomplished and creative artists : )

This fabric collage, titled Breathe, is now matted and ready to be framed . . . . and it was was purchased since this original post by our Pet Sitter April Dube, who fell in love with it when she saw it! : ) I also ended up writing a short tutorial on how to create a fabric collage like the one you see here for the ARTchix site. To read it, follow this direct link. I hope you enjoy!




8 comments:

  1. Looking absolutely lovely, Lenna!! Looking forward to reading your Artchix instructions in due course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenna-fabulous!!! I love this! my son is getting married on the 19th!!! Yikes-that is really soon!

    hugs, chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all very much! It was theraputic for me to create this . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL Lenna!! Can't wait to see the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenna, this is amazing! If you get time, please stop by my blog and play in the 6 word Memoir Game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lenna this is fantastic! I think you could also do this on your pillows...I'll let you know when I get a change to try it...so busy with all the other fabric teqniques you have showed me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lenna, you took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...