Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Arty International Yahoo Group ATCs


Above: the front and the back of one of my 'local architecture' ATCs made for a swap hosted by Teresa Abajo on the Arty International Yahoo Group, due March 31st, 2008. I created 10 of these ATCs in total, all slightly different from each other (the extra one is for me). I used a lots of great Alpha Stamp products including transparencies from Tallulah's Kisses & Paris Showgirls laid over my photo, a haunting CROW rubber stamp stamped with StazOn ink, and some really yummy Green Leaf ribbon. The transparencies are rather ghostly, but I like their affect on the ATC.

The 'local architecture' I used was a photo I took of the Wadsworth Atheneum, in Hartford CT. Established in 1842, this is America's oldest public art museum. Steven and I visited there most recently on a cold day in January, 2008. My Great Uncle, William Glackens has several paintings on exhibit in this museum which I always love to see. The building itself is so interesting, I snapped a photo of the Atheneum from the outside . . . .

. . . and then, once inside, I took a photo from the inside -- looking out. This is what I based my ATCs on. See ALL of the ATCs for the swap, below -click on any photo for a larger version. These ATCs are being mailed this afternoon to Australia!






No flash is allowed so this is a rather blurry photo of me standing in front of one of my Great Uncle's paintings at the Wadsworth Atheneum. This large painting is of his wife Edith Dimock, my grandfather's sister : )

I do love to visit this museum and I think that's why I chose it as my 'local architecture'. Thanks for hosting, Teresa!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, ATCs, Lenna, I love how you've made these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ATCs are amazing,I love the story behind the image, and how wonderful to see your uncles art in the museum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna - I love everything about these ATCs - the complexity, the story behind them, the photo of the museum is so interesting too. I can't wait to see them IRL.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...