Monday, February 11, 2008

Gold Inchies

This is how my most recent set of inchies (*gold inchies*) started out. I took some very thick, wrinkly & really *gold* paper (on a roll) and some lovely white mulberry paper with a gold pattern on it from my paper stash. I put these two papers together with gel medium, back to back. I folded some of the mulberry paper over onto the solid gold side & let this sandwich dry. Then, I cut my new paper into 1" strips, and then, 1" squares.


Next, I wrapped my squares with gold thread and finished them off by adding a Gold word charm from ARTchix Studio. These gold inchies look like teeny presents! If you click on the photo above, it will take you to my Flickr photo sharing account where you can see photos of the other Inchie swaps I have participated in. I only started trying out Inchie swaps recently, when I saw my friend Frieda Oxenham hosting them on ATCards.com (This site is closing (02/08), but a new trading site is being set up: http://www.atcsforall.com ). Creating these little worrks of art is more fun than I expected, and quite a nice challenge to figure out what to do on such a small space! I just received my first set of inchies back, from my first swap ~chocolate (brown) inchies! They are really incredible and I am dreaming up ways to display them : ) Thanks for looking! ~please click on any photo for more detail . . .



4 comments:

  1. These are fantastic, Lenna, they literally sparkle off the page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very pretty! They do look like little presents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so lovely...the way you wrapped them and the charm!
    I saw your snow picture and you might want to visit my blog as I took a walk around the garden and took pictures of all that is coming up!
    pg in ca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...