Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cyber Fyber Update

To the right, the postcard I created for for cyber fyber . . . .

Update! Susan Lenz, who is orchestrating Cyber Fyber, recently posted an update on her Journal for Cyber Fyber that just tickled me! Now, many of you who know how I work probably won't be surprised, but Susan wrote in her journal on February 7th, "SOME OF THE TRADES ARE ARRIVING HERE! . . . . . Lenna Andrews' was the first to arrive followed by Pam Snow's."

That is so cool, my trade being the first to arrive! A big thanks to Dawn Sellers for letting me know about this exhibit and trade through our Fabric Book RR. If you don't know about the Cyber Fyber Exhibition I will quote from Susan's website:

Cyber Fyber is an exhibition of international fiber art scheduled for January 8th through 20th, 2009 at Gallery 80808/Vista Studios, 808 Lady Street in downtown Columbia, South Carolina, USA. The brainchild of Susan Lenz, this exhibit will focus on the supportive, global community of fiber artists with whom Susan regularly shares new techniques, contemporary approaches to textiles, and finished work by Internet websites and blogs. The exhibition will include three primary areas: Fiber ATCs (Artist Trading Cards); fiber postcards; and the work of several invited artists. The exhibition will also include FIBER DAY and ATC trading day. From the beginning, Susan Lenz is documenting CYBER FYBER on a blog/journal.

The ATC I made and traded with Susan is below. This ATC along with all the other ATCs and postcards that are being traded will be the art that is shown in the exhibition next January, mentioned above. Wow!

It looks like as of this date, Susan still has postcards & ATCs to trade. There will also be an INTERNATIONAL RANDOM ATC TRADE that you can send in ATCs for, so if you have a blog or a website (for the cyber fyber trading) go visit Susan at any of the links above! You could be part of the exhibition too : )



To see what Susan sent ME in trade - go to this post or you can virtually visit my studio, here and see where I am displaying her wonderful fiber artwork!

Enjoy the day, Lenna

3 comments:

  1. Lenna, a fabulous postcard and atc!!! and I love your hotpink and orange atcs!!

    I have a surprise for you at my blog.

    http://artbywanda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lenna!!!! I wish you a year of blessings and happiness, and a long healthy life full of creativity! Love xox, Carla

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...