Friday, February 1, 2008

Cyber Fyber Trade

I received my ATC and postcard trades today from Susan Lenz for the Cyber Fyber exhibit - how exciting! Hopefully, she has received mine too. If you missed what I created to trade with her, either scroll down a few posts or use this link to go right to the pictures.

Cyber Fyber: "The brainchild of Susan Lenz, this exhibit will focus on the supportive, global community of fiber artists with whom Susan regularly shares new techniques, contemporary approaches to textiles, and finished work by Internet websites and blogs."

The idea is that Susan has created 100's of fiber ATCs and postcards that any artist at least 18 years of age with an active blog or profile can trade with her, for their own creations: fiber ATCs or postcards (limit of 1 each), via the Cyber Fyber blog. The official opening of the trading is on February 2nd, 2008 - so go check it out! All traded fiber pieces will be exhibited in Columbia, South Carolina, USA from January 8th through 20th, 2009.

Thank you Susan, I love your work! Below is a close-up of Susan's postcard. You can read how she created it, here.

Note! Susan wrote to me on Feb. 4th:

"Hi! Thanks so much! Your package arrived on Saturday and is "officially" the *first item received* other than the prearranged trade! I am over the moon about it and my husband Steve is utterly stunned. I am planning to update the CYBER FYBER journal later today with a picture of this great event! Thank you so much...oh, I've already edited postcard 81 with the additional link! Thanks! Susan"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...