Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Black & Gold ATCs

I created these Black and Gold ATCs for members of the Colour Groupies artist group: Frieda Oxenham, Debby Harriettha, Tristan Robin Blakeman and Caryl Hoobler. Since I know that everyone in the group has received my ATCs, I can share them now. This is a colour combination ATC swap every month for all of 2008. The ATCs are meant to be a surprise so there is no uploading until everyone receives! January's color combo was Black & Gold.
Peggy Gato sent me a marvelous book called Perfect Pairs as a hostess gift for the Valentines Swap. Inside were tons of great B&W photos of favorite movie stars. I copied these onto prepared fabric and then used the fabric to create my ATCs. I added black velvet ribbon from Alpha Stamps and black music notes from the tissue paper Peggy used to wrap the book (thank you!!!). I figured that was enough black and went to look for "gold things". I found a string of gold beads, that I glued in place, gold mesh, gold fabric (looks grey here) fabric & leaves with gold streaks & then I painted on gold lumiere paint. It was so fun to do I made an extra one for myself! : ) what great challenge, Frieda & Debby! Looking forward to more.




3 comments:

  1. I adore these atcs! Perfect combination to let the pictures shine!!! Thanks for sharing...makes me happy!
    peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Great result, look forward to seeing the other colors throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE my atc! :)
    And I'm going to add you to my blog links!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...