Wednesday, January 9, 2008

ARTchix Itty Bittys!

Itty Bitty #1 - "2033" . . . Only 25 years from now! (The faux post inside this itty bitty collage is by Lori Guerin).

Here are the six 3"x3" collages I made for an ARTchix Studio swap and collaborative project: Itty Bittys with ARTchix faux postage! You can read all about the new classes and activities Helga, James & the ARTchix gang are planning for 2008 here on the ARTchix website. These activities are for ARTchix Studio yahoo group members only; but it's easy to join. I have been a member since the start of the group in 2001, and although I am sometimes quiet on the yahoo group I am an ardent ARTchix fan : ^)


#2 - "Cindy's Bird": One of my favorites in the bunch is shown here, using Cindy McMath's 'bird' Winter Post (from another ARTchix collaborative project). After reading Sanna Burgess' instructions for creating Itty Bittys I started with Italian watercolor paper and then layered a handmade collage paper I had created myself originally from fabric, tissue paper and paper scraps - then copied. I choose my ARTchix faux postage for each 3x3 square and various German paper borders. I used Golden matte medium to hold everything in place. I let that dry over night, came back the next day and added postage-themed rubber stamps to the mix. I favor VersaCraft ink, which needs to be heat set but is rich & deep.



#3 - "Poste D' Amour": Here I used Cheri Hins' faux postage design plus a section of gold paper mesh and 2 white paper lilies. Around the edge of this Itty Bitty and some of the others, I applied embossing ink and then dipped the edges into a variety of gold and antquity embossing powders - fun! I have not played with embossing for many years.


#4 - "Lenna's Winter": This Itty Bitty used the faux postage that I designed and contributed for the Chixies Winter faux postage sheet. I was very excited to be included and this faux postage remakably is numbered with my Birth Date! Thank you, Helga : ^ )





The litle mini silver star charms can be found HERE! This is a swap, so I thought the "See you in the Mail" stamp would be most appropriate. This is also a collaborative oproject: Helga will choose her favorites to create an ARTchix Itty Bitty Collaborative collage sheet! I figured I should give it a shot.





#5 - "Most Romantic": An Itty Bitty with a yummy faux postage design by Susan Metcalfe, one of my creative swaps participants! This Itty Bitty uses an extreamly cute little silver shoe with a heart that I got from ARTchix studio - I'm not sure if they still carry it, but they have lots of cute shoe charms here.



Lastly is #6 - "Peace" a simple Itty Bitty using another favorite faux post designed by Cindy McMath:




Peace & Seasons Greetings to you, and thanks for reading!
Lenna ~ January, 9th, 2008

8 comments:

  1. I wonder if Helga is susceptible to blackmail, as I would love to own one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Lenna, loved reading all about your itty bitties, you have done a magnificent job - fabulous; this has been a great project (I am not involved) but have loved looking at all the itty bitties entered

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful!!! Beautiful work!!

    hugs, chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just fantastic! I love the detail in each one. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get one!
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, Lenna. I do love that faux postage. Might have to get some of that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...