Thursday, November 1, 2007

meet my Pay it Forward Volunteers!

How this got started: Through a fabric Mother Goose ATC swap I hosted, sponsored by Alpha Stamps, I met Sandy Babb, who pens a blog called Quill Cottage. It was through Sandy's Blog that I recently learned about a giving challenge called Pay it Forward. Sandy may still have a spot open on her blog; go and check out her original Pay it Forward post here and see! I thought about it and decided I would love to do this and could make the time to create the gifts, so I added the post to my blog (see below). In just a few days I have 3 lovely volunteers! To each of them I will send a small handcrafted gift, made by me. In return, they will post this same giving challenge on their own blogs.
My first volunteer is Jan from California. I do not think I know Jan from classes or email conversation, but she does follow my creative lenna blog- it's listed as one of her favorites! : ) Jan is a quick worker - she has already posted the Pay it Forward giving challenge on her Blog, StampQn Art , has gotten her first volunteer AND created a gift for her - wow! check it out!

My next volunteer is Maggie from Canada. I originally met Maggie in a yahoo group. She later took an on line class with me, and has participated in some of my swaps at Creative Swaps. I met Maggie in person this summer when I was vacationing near Kingston, Ontario. She was there in Kingston for a fiber course. Maggie took the ferry over to Wolfe Island after her workshop, we met her at the ferry dock and she delivered her ATCs for the Garden swap to me in person! We had a glass of wine and sat and next to the St. Lawrence River and talked with my husband Steven, like we were all old friends. : ) I have a few pictures here of that summer evening, scroll down below my garden ATCs at the top of the post. Maggie has a Blog called Creative Gleanings which I follow, as she is a talented quilter and does lots of wonderful things with fabric. I have a page of hers in a collaborative fabric book we worked on together! She will post the Pay it Forward giving challenge on her blog & you can follow it there!

My third volunteer is Eva from Sweden! I recently met Eva through an on line class I taught on joggles.com. Eva is a very talented fiber, mixed media, and digital scrapbooking artist - check out her blog, Eva Scrap. A lot of the pages she created in my mini art quilt book class can be seen here on her flickr page - I love what she did! So it is really fun for me to have Eva sign up for this. She will post Pay it Forward on her blog, and I will make a small gift & send it to her - what fun!

Thank you all for participating : ) I will let you know when I send your gifts out!

creatively yours, lenna
*Update November 9th: I have one gift made (sent out today) and 2 more gifts in the works! Sorry to my participants for the delay. I have been quite busy this past week with a swap to swap & send out, a couple of classes I was teaching and a large Design Team project I was making. I have not forgotten! I will let you know when ALL the Pay it Forward gifts have been sent : )) Thanks for signing up!
*November 13th - ALL the gifts have been sent, enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...