Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A journal quilt!


nov28 journal quilt, originally uploaded by creativelenna.

Amazing, a journal quilt done just for me & steven!! I have not created one for myself since August 8th. We put our home on the market 5 days later, August 13th - and that was it for me, until now. It felt soooooo good to create this piece! Here is what I wrote for the journal part which is printed onto fabric & attached to the back:

November 28th, 2007 * Journal Quilt Number 27 *

*We have found our home*

This is the first time since the summer, August 8th to be exact, that I have created one of my Journal quilts . . . I find it hard to believe that much time has gone by . . . . almost 4 months! Wow. I found I did not have the energy to put into creating these while I was packing and moving, buying & selling houses and living out of boxes. So I dropped my challenge for the time being.

In January '07, I originally set out to create mini quilts with a journal entry once a week! I did quite well with that challenge until we decided to sell our home. I will see how many more quilties I can create before the year is over. My original goal was to create 50 Journal quilts and now I think 30 might be more likely! I will take all the journal quilts I have made in 2007 for this personal challenge and put them together so they will all be on display together. I want to mount them so that you will be able to look at the front and read the back of the quiltie – the journal entry as well.

My friend Frieda Oxenham sent me this fabric when we moved. She said it reminded her of Steven & I and our move to a new home. I have purposefully left this fabric out in my studio so it would CALL ME to work with it, which it did! I used watercolor crayons to change the black & white fabric to something more colorful and I added transparencies from ARTchix Studio. It really felt wonderful to do this quiltie. This is the first piece I have done for myself for a long time, thank you Frieda!

Posted on Wednesday Stamper 11-30-07

11 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful.. I love the fabric base from your friend. Beautiful!!

    hugs, chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is wonderful, Lenna! Your studio looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna...this journal quilt is so beautiful. I love the splashes of color. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lenna, great to see you in this challenge with your wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo beautiful Lenna!!! I love the touches of color you added to that woderful fabric drom Frieda!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Lenna, I love what you've done with the fabric. The colours are beautiful, the words so suitable and the whole quiltie just breathes love for your new home!!
    Not to mention husband and animals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very special! Love it very much

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...