Sunday, October 14, 2007

Joyful Creativity Award!

My friend Carla Kurt gave me a blog award last week! She wrote me and told me to take a peek at her blog, which I actually frequent quite often just to see what she has been creating. She is a talented painter and mixed media artist; I love her style. On her blog, look for the October 9th - Awards post. I was so surprised and quite touched. This has never happened to me before, to be given a blog award! Carla wrote,

"I moved to Connecticut a little over four years ago, and making friends has been a slow process. One day, I came across Lenna Andrew's blog through an Inspire Me Thursday challenge, and discovered that she lived a few minutes from my home! We emailed back and forth a bit, and finally met for coffee. Since then, we've become friends and art buddies, a doubly special thing for me. Lenna's blog, Creative Lenna, is a rich and colorful chronicle of her art and life. I always enjoy seeing the gorgeous mixed media pieces she creates and reading about the various swaps she does with artists all over the world. I marvel at the beauty she creates, and the real joy each piece conveys. I am happy to call her a friend, and to give her the Joyful Creativity Award."

Thank you, Carla! Your art is a joy to me, as well as your friendship. I am so glad you will be coming over tomorrow to see our new home. I have finally started unpacking my studio!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lenna! I so enjoyed our visit yesterday:> Your new home is lovely, your studio is fabulous (I have major studio envy now), and your two new kitties are soooo cute! I am looking forward to an art day once you get unpacked and settled in your studio.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...