Friday, August 17, 2007

art & life!

I did a bit of art lately which was really nice - very relaxing; I will share it with you here. This is the front and back of a page I did for Michelle Dressler's Fabric Book for the FBRR (fabric book round robin) I am participating in! She had a theme of dance for her book and wished for some texture. You can see more from the exchange by following the link above - click on the pictures below for more detail.

I am really happy with the way this page turned out. The images are from Terrie Lightfoot's Lost Art Creations and quite beautiful. I like the richness of the colors and the way cool paper flowers from artchix studio - this was the first time I used them. It was great to create something after the busy-ness we've been though! The news is: we listed our home for sale on Monday. To get ready for this when you are a messy artist with lots of art stuff is a lot of work; not to mention the rest of the house had to get picked up and cleared out too! But we did it . . . I guess we did a good job too, and combine that with a good agent -- because we already have a buyer for our home. They came to see the house on Tuesday, gave us an offer that night, and we signed the contract by Wednesday! There are the usual contingencies to be met and another deposit to be made, but we are slated to close on October 12th. A little unbelievable, but true!

We are looking for a new home, a little larger than our present home and we are fine tuning & zeroing in on one that might fit us very well. Keep us in your thoughts! The one we have our eye on has a separate studio attached to the house with room enough for both Steven & I to work in. Sounds good, eh? He has had no art space really since we moved here because he never got comfortable with the basement; who can blame him! My space was too small to add his drafting table.

Back to creating art - I also recently finished a spread in Shauna Palmer's Altered Book for the Round Robin I am hosting -please go to the ABR RR blog to check it out! I am really enjoying working in altered books again. I first got started with Shauna through an exchange she hosted on art-e-zine back in 2001.

The Garden ATC swap (fabric) I hosted has finished up and I've announced two new swaps! One is an ATC swap held in conjunction with Alpha Stamps on a Mother goose theme - due 10/27/07 and the other is a one for one fabric bag swap due 11/15/07. You can read all the specs on my swaps blog. Please let me know if you are interested in joining as I just have a few open spots left. Even though I will be moving, these swaps will go on! As soon as I know the date and the new address I will let you know. It will work out! The Circle Book page swap is bringing in some fantastic art - due 9/7/07. See the results on the creative swaps blog!

I had the most fun tonight going to see my friend Carla Kurt do her demo at the Flatbread Restaurant in Canton, CT where she has a show of her paintings this month. I did a demo/show at Flatbread in May of this year - see the pics here. My scarves are still hanging there as the owner Brian bought them from me when I did the show! Carla is going to ask Flatbread to donate the proceeds from auctioning off her painting to A place to bark - what a great idea!!!!! here is my favorite picture from the evening - me & carla!




and steve & carla . . . and her paintings and my scarves : )




hope you enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous, the colours and fabric are so rich.
    I love all the quilts in your previous posts

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...