Monday, May 28, 2007

6x6 Vintage Fabric Page


LennaVintage6x6 (2), originally uploaded by creativelenna.

I recently joined a new yahoo group called 'Fabric in Altered Art' and then joined in on a monthly 6" x 6" fabric page swap. I created the fabric page shown here for the May 'Vintage' theme; one of two themes you could participate in. Please see: www.alteredfabrications.blogspot.com/ for more info on joining this yahoo group -it is by invitation, and you need to request to join. For this fabric page, I used my copy machine to copy both the front and the back of a 1907 postcard onto muslin fabric. I ironed muslin onto Freezer Paper to stiffen it for going through my printer. I am happy with how this turned out! I used a couple of rubber stamps with VersaCraft ink (which can be heat set), Vintage Lace, a vintage button, and a vintage hankie for the back of the piece (see photo below). The long skinny image of the couple on the bottom left is from the "That's Amore" sheet by ARTchix Studio.


2 comments:

  1. Yes you are! (Creative Lenna that is) I love the idea of the 2x print. I wish I would have signed up for this swap!
    Looking forward to seeing more
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kyla! Glad to be working with you in 2 groups now : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...