Monday, May 28, 2007

6 x 6 Fish Fabric Page



I recently joined a new yahoo group called 'Fabric in Altered Art' and quickly joined in on a monthly 6" x 6" fabric page swap that you could sign up for just one month at a time if you like. I created the fabric page shown here to the right for the May 'Fish' theme. The month of May had two themes you could work on - you'll see the second one I did below. For more info on joining this yahoo group go to: www.alteredfabrications.blogspot.com/ It's by invitation and you'll need to request to join.

This page was done with rubber stamps, mostly Fred Mullet gyotaku (fish print) stamps. I used my favorite inks for fabric; VersaCraft inks, and I sponged Dye-na-Flow paint on around the fish in blue & green. I sewed sequins & beads on. Then I glued on a few Bingo chips & small shells & I was almost done! I just had to add a little soft & natural batting and back the square with another piece of fabric. Voila! I will send this in to Cathy and she will swap me a different page back! If you click on the photo you will see a larger, more detailed one.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the pages you made for the new group, Lenna. I've joined too but just to busy at the moment to actually participate in any swaps. Hopefully I'll have more time in the summer. Also sorry to have missed the one on art-e-zine, as I would have loved that one too if only to receive one of your pages!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...