Sunday, April 1, 2007

Word-Art

Just a note to say that I feel very lucky. Yesterday I was able to go to the Opening Reception of an art exhibit called "word-art 2007" at The Canton Artists' Guild (CT). There, I met Carla Kurt who has a painting in the show. You can see it here on her blog -although we all agreed it is even more striking in person! I met Karen Jasper who wrote the poem that inspired Carla's painting, and Karen's friend Janet Beattie. So much fun! This seemed to me to be a very well attended event, and a great show combining words and art. Some of the art has words IN it as part of the piece, and others were inspired by a piece of writing. This was only the 2nd time I had been to the Gallery on the Green in Canton, CT. While there I also ran into Bill Godfrey, a friend from years ago when I belonged to the the Farmington Art Guild . . . so fun to see him again! Go see the word-art show if you live nearby or at least take a look at Carla's painting - the poem Karen wrote is there too. Thank you Carla, for introducing me to this wonderful art community so close to home!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lenna! Thank you so much for coming to the reception. I was really delighted to see you, and I'm glad you had an opportunity to meet Karen and Janet. I was sorry that Steven couldn't come... get well soon, Steven! I think this was one of the nicest opening receptions at the Gallery on the Green in a long time - perhaps we were all in a great mood because this rescheduled opening was on such a lovely evening compared to the cancelled date two weeks ago! Anyway... thanks you again... and I'll see you soon:>

    - Carla

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...