Sunday, April 29, 2007

Flatbread ART Show



Today Steven & I went to the Flatbread Company in Canton, CT and hung my art show! This was very exciting for me as I have never had this experience before. We managed to get a lot of pieces up and show a wide range of the art I do: painting, fabric art, collage, hand made books, altered books, fabric painting/stamping and even jewelry. I insisted on having 2 pieces in the show that Steven & I did together collaboratively, even though he thought I should concentrate on art that just I had done myself. Well, he finally agreed and it worked out great. I think the show looks fab, and I could not have done this without him!!

On May 18th and May 21st from 7-9pm I will demonstrate some of my techniques live, at Flatbread and create a piece that Flatbread will auction off; donating any funds raised to charity. I am very glad to be involved! Thanks for reading! (click on the pictures for a larger photo)








Note 5/2/07: My art show has been very well received at Flatbread! I have sold a small painting & 4 scarves already. My friend Gunvor from Sweden wrote and said she wished she could see it 'in real life', which gave me an idea! I found close up scans or photos of almost all the art that is in the show, and added it to my 'Flatbread Art' album on my flickr photo account. If you would like to take a close-up tour as well, click here. You can even watch it as a slide show-enjoy!




9 comments:

  1. Lenna! This is soooo cool! What a great space to showcase your work. It looks wonderful against the dark wood. I am so happy for you:>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carla!!
    I think you are right, this is a great location for my art. I already sold one small piece, can't believe it. But I must say I am so looking forward to your show at http://www.galleryongreen.org/
    in Canton, too. I just looked up the opening day: 05.25.07 : ) Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lenna - how wonderful for you! I just wish I could come and have a look IRL. The pictures show some really awesome art work of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lenna...This is cool! Lots of shops here exhibit local artists work...great idea! The place looks perfect for yours and Steven's....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very awesome, Lenna!!! It looks GREAT!!!

    Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--that's great, Lenna! You should be very proud...I love those scarves, especially. Wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lenna I am so happy for you!!! This is wonderful!!! Perhaps working at Flatbreads wasn't a part of your plan originally, but look what it's given you!! Only wish I could see it in person! :)Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!! I just got a call yesterday that another watercolor painting had sold, called Through a Window - you can see it on my flickr account. I think every piece sold so far has been to a Flatbread employee/owner! I am amazed and so grateful. Working there was not part of my original plan, Linda - you are absolutely right! But the whole experience has been such a good one, all around. I feel blessed that I connected with Flatbread and really still do, even though I don't work there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations! this is from carla's friend karen/kj. your artwork looks totally warm and inviting. and your affection for steven is adorable.

    best wishes!

    kj

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...