Sunday, April 15, 2007

*Art Shows*


enchantedGrotto-001, originally uploaded by creativelenna.

As promised, here is a photo of the mixed media collage I recently finished, all framed and ready to go to the West Hartford Art League for their Open Juried Show April 19th - May 13th. We dropped off 2 of my mixed media entries for consideration yesterday - you can view the second piece below. Many thanks to my husband Steven, who has experience with framing & helped me immeasurably with framing the 'enchanted grotto' piece, above. It was also Steven who encouraged me to enter juried Art Shows - I had never done this before 2006! So far, I have been lucky and gotten into the only two shows I entered pieces in. We'll see how I do here! I would love to be accepted into this show, but if not, I won't worry about it or be upset. It is a subjective thing depending on the juror. Also, The Flatbread Company in Canton, CT has asked me if I would have a showing of my work (10 pieces) in their restaurant. I am going to tell them yes! The last week of the show will culminate with my creating a mixed media piece in the restaurant over a week's time so patrons can watch the process if they like. When the piece is finished, Flatbread will auction it off and donate the funds to charity. Flatbread does a lot of non-profit events/donations in the community. More details to follow. : ) Lenna

(2nd piece entered in WHAL: Open Juried Show)

P.S. I found out today (4/17) that neither of my pieces made it into the Juried Open Show at the WHAL. Too bad! Oh well, perhaps this is meant to be so that I can hang them at my own show at the Flatbread Company in Canton, CT during the month of May!! I am so excited about that. Now I know I will have plenty of pieces to hang for the show. Since I am leaving working there for a different job, this will be a great way to keep in touch with them too. I do love that restaurant.

1 comment:

  1. Lenna! The Enchnated Grotto looks gorgeous in that frame. I really love the linen border... it sets if off well. The red piece is also great - very different in feeling, but total eye candy! Congratulations on the Flatbread exhibit. Things are really happening:>

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...