Monday, February 26, 2007

Journal Quilt #8

Number 8 in my once-a-week series of 6"x6" journal quilts . . . ; ^ )


(click on the scan for more detail)


Here's what I wrote and printed on fabric for the back of this square:

February 26, 2007:

* Journal Quilt Number 8 *
Last week I celebrated my 50th Birthday, and this week’s journal quilt definitely reflects that . . . . I had fun printing photos out onto fabric for this journal quilt!

The top photo was taken of me sitting on the couch at the old family farmhouse in Avon, 1957. I was about 9 or 10 months old at the time. I’ve got a nice box of animal crackers in my hand and a pretty smocked dress on . . . we wore those a lot back then! I printed this image onto a linen napkin that belonged to my grandmother. The image below that is a photo that was taken of me & my dog Ticker Tape in the woods behind our house in Simsbury, in 1963. I had recently returned from 6 weeks in the Hospital for open heart surgery. . . I was 6 years old. That’s why I look so thin. This was recycled from a swap envelope and is a real photo on paper.

The larger, full color photo is me – taken last week! Steven took a photo of me at my new job as hostess at the Flatbread Company in Canton. I printed the photo out onto plain muslin by attaching fabric to a piece of lightweight cardstock with masking tape. I added a crown from ARTchix Studio, my birth date, and the appropriate quote! . . . enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. This is great, Lenna! I love that quote...those are definitely words to live by - even though 50 is hardly old! I think of it as just warming up for th next stretch:> I hope you had a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GAWD girlfriend! I missed your birthday...your 50th birthday! Eeeps! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

    Hugs...50 hugs!!!

    I LOVE what you did! Amazing what you find out when you read your blog! So young and open heart surgery? Wowza! It must be why your zest of life comes through! You must have learned to embrace life after that experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lenna.....I love this! and I love your blog! and...Happy 50th birthday Sweetie!!!!
    The quote on this is GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...