Saturday, February 17, 2007

Fabric Mail Art #3

Here is a 3rd Fabric Postcard done with Alpha Stamps Fabric collage images. This time I used Timtex (stabilizing interfacing) as my actual postcard without sandwiching the stuff between fabric. Wonder-under (iron-on fusible) was used to attach the fabric images. The front images are from these sheets: Putti (Cherubs 1) and Emotions. On the back (the address side) I fused an image from the Tinted Beauties sheet.

I colored the front of the postcard (the timtex directly) with water soluable oil pastels, fused my images on, sewed on the heart charm, glued on flowers and sequins, stamped swirls and the word 'spirit', highlighted with a permanent marker and edged with a silver krylon pen. On the back I painted the timtex directly with Lumiere paints, stamped the word 'Postcard' & used a sharpie marker to address the card. I finished it off with a bit of black rick-rack, and zazzle.com postage stamp I created from a photo of our dog Asia and the canoe my dad made, taken on beautiful Wolfe Island, Canada. I have been enjoying trying many different ways to create a mailable fabric postcard. My process for this one is below!












No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...