Monday, January 1, 2007

new year - new art

Here are 2 new pieces/pages I just finished up today for Angela's 'Merfolk' Meandering book - a fun art exchange (Round Robin) that I am participating in with the Fabric-olics Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fabric-olics/

Since some people have asked me about this group . . . Fabric-olics is a yahoo group that is closed to new members at this time (2007), unless you are referred by a existing member. . . to keep the group small. If you feel that you would enjoy this group and can be a active member, send a email to stafney@web-ster.com and tell her about yourself, any website or blog you may have and about your fabric art . . . . (edit 2009: This group has since closed).

The top piece is a fabric based page for Angela Hart's Meandering Book with a paper collage image from the Alpha Stamps Mermaids 2 sheet. You can find this collage sheet at:
http://www.alphastamps.com/ - in the collage sheet section, under children's book illustrations.

The bottom page is created from my favorite marbled paper layered on top of a piece of warm and natural quilt batting and put together mostly with Tacky Glue. The collage image on this page is paper and also from Alpha Stamps. The shells I used on these 2 pages were picked up on the beaches of Sanibel Island just a few days ago!

: ) enjoy! Lenna
p.s. you can see more pages and books in this RR exchange and also how I put these particular pages into Angela's meandering book . . . . on my webpage.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lenna, Tried to check out the yahoo group you mentioned that you did these 2 pages for and it wouldn't let me try to join, guess it must be by invitation only. Looking forward to learning from you in the Dyehard class.

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky~ Thanks for visiting my blog and writing a comment! If you are interested in joining the Fabric-olics Yahoo Group, I can recommend you! This yahoo group is closed, except for recommendations from current members. Just let me know . . . I would be happy to recommend you.

    Thanks so much for the WONDERFUL fabric postcard I just received today!!! : ) see you in class!
    Lenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna! Wonderful to see you in blog-land! With all the knowledge that you have to share, not to mention your beautiful artwork, I'll be visiting often!

    alex

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...