Monday, January 29, 2007

Moon & Star Lottery

A piece for the Bi-Weekly Lottery on the ARTchix Studio Yahoo group using Transparencies from the Starry Starry Night sheet. The central image is one of my favorites from an earlier collage sheet called Loveliness. I used a cut-out of a star leftover from our wedding framing the central image! Steven and I made stars for friends & guests to decorate; this piece was the leftovers. To create this I used watercolor crayons, Twinkling H2Os, and I stamped stars with white Brilliance inks. Click on the photo for greater detail. This theme really called to me. Steven and I think of the moon & stars as instrumental in our getting together after a failed earlier marriage for each of us. Moon & stars were the theme of our wedding! My engagement ring is made up of moons & stars, and Steven's wedding ring has the same images etched into his. Thanks, Patricia for the wonderful theme to work with! Note on 2/2/07: Melissa Kuhl Yerkes was the winner of this lottery sponsored by the ARtchix Studio Yahho Group!! I sent her my entry today : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...