Tuesday, June 17, 2014

step by step, #16


For index card #16 in the ICAD challenge I took step by step photos and wanted to share them. The theme this week, optional to use, is MAPS. I took a map of the local waters, ripped it in sections and glued it to a plain blue index card with a glue stick. When I showed this to Steven, he enjoyed that he's been to most of these places via boat! 

Then I wanted something to lightly cover the map, change it slightly. 
I choose Hi Lite Violet Lumiere paint, which gives sheer varied colors in different light.

Then I added a bit of Lumiere Sunset Gold around the edges...


For more depth of color, a weathered wood and peeled paint Distress Stain was rubbed on. 


Lastly, a fish print stamp (Fred B. Mullett) was added with permanent black ink.

I looked at the time stamp on my photos & this one took a little longer than 15 minutes. I started at 10:55pm and finished at 11:24pm on June 16, 2014. Still, a quick creative fix that I am reaping the benefits of. Join me?


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

2 comments:

  1. Always appreciate your step-by-steps. It's interesting to see how much you were able to soften and change the map image. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card Lenna and perfect fit for where you live:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and do not appear on the blog until I have personally approved them. I love receiving your comments and want to thank you in advance :0) Your comment will be published soon! lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...