Friday, November 8, 2013

art journaling and photography

Even though I have not been posting too often on my creativelenna blog, I'm still working away in the background on my life & art! I'm blessed to have time to be able to concentrate on what I love: Dance and Nia Technique, plus Conscious Movement, my art journal, photography, time with friends and family, and conversations with those who support my creative spirit and inspire me. I often run out of time to share what I've been doing on a daily basis as much as I would like to on this blog, but I'm here today! This seemed to be the best place to share this slice of my life.

The other day I finished another journal spread in my positive affirmation themed art journal. I had been absent from working in it for a little while and had been thinking about it (feeling guilty!) when I went to finish a "crayon batik" my friend Cheryl and I had done during our visit to Selby Gardens. In order to finish, we needed to paint a background over our crayon drawings. When I was done doing that and saw the leftover paint sitting on top of the freezer paper, my first thought was to press the pages of my journal into the leftover paint for a background!


It made me very happy to do something as simple as adding paint to a page spread.
Lesson learned! 


So I continued. I went on to add printed tissue paper and many leftover items I had saved in a "collage box". 
I happily worked away on this journal spread of pages until I was done. 


The day was kind of grey and even taking my journal outside to photograph it did not improve things a lot. I did not think my photographs were that great. In fact I think that's one reason I did not share them until now - I did not think they showed off the journal pages very well. The one above was one of the best ones.

I do show up online sharing my photos almost everyday on Blipfoto -an online photo journal site. My journal is called creativelenna and you can visit it here. I have "met" many wonderful supportive friends there, many who are much more knowledgeable about cameras and settings than I am. I've learned a lot and continue to do so. One of my blip friends, hobbs was speaking about using his "prime lens" on his DSLR which gives a very short focal distance. I do not have the same kind of camera as he does but took the information he shared and tried to use it with his help! The short focal length setting had a wonderful effect for taking photos of this journal spread, let me share with you . . . I think this first one came out the best!








 You can look at lots of other pages HERE in this same journal, if this peaks your interest : )




I love combining my photography and my art! 

What about you?

What are you juggling right now? 



Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

7 comments:

sharon said...

Beautiful , gorgeous and glorious pages Lenna! I am juggling mostly life at the moment...UHG!, with bits of jewelry and less bits of art, but nonetheless bits! Always striving to create! Always love your work!

Frieda Oxenham said...

Love how you started with that pink splash and what lovely tissue paper. You seem to have such a glorious selection over there! Seeing all the pages in your journal is a very joyful sight, with the colours abd textures peeking out.

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Sharon & Frieda, my artist friends -Thank you both so much for commenting, it means the world to me!

Jewels said...

Lenna this is just wonderful! Like you I find time to blog seems limited these days though things are happening in my life.
I love the fact you found someone out there willing to share their knowledge for your photography - though I think they have always been fantastic LOL....hugs

Sue Marrazzo said...

So PRETTY!

massofhair said...

Found you through Blip, love your Blog & all i've managed to see so far. Not too sure how to follow you, am off to investigate.

Looking forward to reading through your posts:-)

Raylee said...

happy new year!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...