Monday, October 21, 2013

more mail art . . .

I love to create mail art. My versions often have rubber stamping all over the envelope. I still use lots of stamps from my days working in an Art Rubber Stamp Store. It is a quick way to add art. Although, mail art can be so many different things. A favorite online article I've saved that explains mail art in more detail is: Pushing the envelope.

I have not posted for a bit, but here's some of what I've been doing behind the scenes. I like to wait until I've heard the mail has been received before sharing it. For my good friend Frieda - Art Quilter & mixed media artist who lives in Scotland, I sent a belated birthday card and fabric ATC. We both love roses! This envelope was sweet & simple . . .



The card above is a watercolor of The Ringling Museum's rose garden.
I often visit and take photographs. The rose on Frieda's ATC is a photo 
I took at the Ringling garden! Later, I transferred it to fabric. 







- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For my friend Anna, who is healing from an injury 
which prevents her from dancing with us right now:






I used watercolor crayons and rubber stamps to create this envelope. 
The card was made from a photo taken at one of our Gratitude Dances on the beach 
that both Anna & I attended. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tom Haukaas came to a private class I taught at my home in late September: 
We worked on Image Transfers!  He brought a great many prints to work with 
and gifted me one of his great-grandmother.

I transferred it to this envelope, added stamping and tucked his left behind items inside.
voila' - off in the mail it went, to Tom's delight! 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Lastly, a simple stamped envelope for an upcoming get-away:


* Have a little fun and add some art to your next envelope!


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

7 comments:

  1. I love your mail art! The envelopes are soo pretty. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are so appealing and inspiring. And I must visit Ringling one of these days. Thanks for the link to the article. I'm off to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weeeeeeeeee!!! Love all your mail art, Lenna :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know I loved my wonderful rose ATC and mail envelope. And I love looking at it with your hand on the envelope and then being able to put my hand on it too, now that's it's with me. A lovely connection. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenna your mail art is always a gift in itself. These are wonderful-and I love your fabric rose ATC for Frieda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous mail art, Lenna. I am working on starting this too. :) Thanks for the comment on my blog.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful !!!
    I wish I'm part of this swap.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and do not appear on the blog until I have personally approved them. I love receiving your comments and want to thank you in advance :0) Your comment will be published soon! lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...