Friday, August 30, 2013

* words*

"Words" was the next prompt I followed from Daisy Yellow. "Create art comprised mostly of words."
So that is what I did! I have been doing meditations with Deepak Chopra online and scribbled in a notebook part of his talk, before one of the meditations. I read the prompt, then thought to myself, I would love to have Deepak's words in my positive affirmation journal. Positive affirmation is what he is all about! I started my spread by adding gesso to the pages to give them some weight and texture and then I spread the gesso out with a foam brush and let the pages dry.


Then I chose various watercolor pencils and started writing! 




The full spread. I used a slightly wet brush to release some of the color 
and later Steven told me it was Jung - not Yung! - I fixed it : )






I love how this art journal is growing, slowly but surely. I am not doing these prompts daily, although you could! I'm going at a slower pace and honoring what Tammy (daisy yellow) said about completing these prompts at my own pace. I love being creative in here again! It is my own messy, quirky, beautiful little book where I allow myself to play just for me and to keep me thinking, exploring, learning, growing, having fun and smiling!!!


Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! 

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

4 comments:

Glenda Hoagland said...

I love his post. Your words touch me and the simplicity of your book speaks to me.

Ann Hall said...

I like the sayings and it is so great that a Y can become a J so easily!It was probably young Jung that said that! Hugs!

Linda said...

so beautiful dear Lenna. I've missed out on this meditation series because of being away so much but I really loved the last one he did and also took notes. I also love that you're creating around the meditations. Enjoy the holiday weekend!

Frieda Oxenham said...

Beautifully done and a great response to the prompt. The journal is looking so lovely and colourful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...