Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ogee prompt in my affirmation journal

The next daily paper prompt up was Ogee Pattern. I saw the pictures on the prompt page but I had never heard of this word before . . . so I looked it up! A double curve, resembling the letter S, formed by the union of a concave and a convex line...

:: my first try at an ogee pattern ::



 I added yellow paint ~ dye-na-flow
I'm working in my positive affirmations journal

I decided to emphasize the pattern with thick black lines around the curves.


Then I got the idea to add dots and got a stencil out . . .




I learned the ogee shape is prevalent in architecture too.


This image is from ARTchix Studio, they have the best stuff!


my positive affirmation for this spread is serene & peaceful.


You can view all of the pages you see fanned out, in detail here!


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Very cool Lenna!!

Linda said...

what a gorgeous book Lenna- and your ogee spread is marvelous!! I love how the pattern really pops with that vibrant background, the lining of it and the stenciling. And yes, ARTchix is the best :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...