Thursday, December 6, 2012

hello . . .

Lenna & Kathy Oravec at Nia on Siesta beach - December 4, 2012


To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
  ~ Bertrand Russell

If you think you can do a thing, or think you can't do a thing, you're right.
  ~ Henry Ford

Above are two quotes pulled randomly from a document on my computer, that contains all of the quotes I've collected because I love them. 15 years ago, my son Decklin created a program for me that randomly selects a quote I can add to my email signature or anywhere else. With a click of the mouse, a quote is chosen randomly from a very large list and copied to the clipboard, ready to be pasted anywhere. I love this program and still use it! So often the chosen quote matches my current thoughts or state of mind; it’s quite uncanny.

I wish to say I am sorry for my leave of absence from my blog. It has been a while since I have had so little to share with you! I think most of you know I have recently moved house and that has been the main culprit. We have been here in our new home 4 weeks now, which seems incredible.

I have not begun to unpack and organize my studio – I only continue to put this job off. A lot of other things are going on and so doing this was another decision making process that I did not feel I had the energy to face. And it still remains undone! Instead, my creative outlet recently has been my photography. Lately I have been working hard on catching up with the uploading of my photos and you can find them here on Blipfoto where I keep a daily photo journal, and also on flickr.

Since I like to use this blog to mostly share my art making process, I have not had anything to share with you! I do know I will make art, work in journals and create with paper & fabric again, but I am not at that place yet. We are doing a large amount of landscaping with the help of many talented people and that takes a lot of time. I am very seriously working on my health issues by exercising daily and sticking to around 1200 calories a day – fresh, wholesome, mostly vegan foods. I found out recently I have a chronic liver disease (fat cells in my liver) that can be reversed by losing the extra weight I have been carrying. I have lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks and while that is slow, I think it is good. Only 28 more to go!

So, do not fear! I will return with my art when I get things organized here. In the meantime, I will check in when I can but you can almost always find me on Blipfoto. The weather is beautiful here in Florida now and I am still dancing in Nia class as you can see by the photo above. All is well and I truly hope the same for you. 

xo lenna

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Lenna. I think we all understand what it's like moving house. Certainly a process to get settled again. We will wait for you. :o) I'm so sorry to hear about your liver - however it's excellent it can be reversed. Take good care of yourself. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are understandably still up in the air for you after the big move. It's good you can address the health concerns with diet.. all the best with your new food plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous portrait of you, Lenna and one filled with sunshine. Just take your time and as you said one day you'll suddenly be in the mood. No point in attempting it before that moment arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looks wonderful, dear Lenna,-
    and I hope you also feel wonderful, -it is a big desition to suddenly almost only eat Vegan food, and I hope it will change your lever to be all healthy again.
    I hope to see your art one day again, here on your blog,- and wishes you all the best in your new home and life.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Dorthe. Actually my husband and I switched to a mostly vegan diet last January! I just never really talked about it until now. We are quite flexible about our diet and do not make a fuss - if someone serves meat or dairy to us we do not refuse! But we have definitely changed our diet around and feel better. We watched the movie “Forks over Knives” last January and it totally changed our minds about how and what we were eating. I've simply needed to adjust how many calories I am eating to fewer. Fortunately, my cholesterol has already lowered.

    Thanks so much for following my blog and commenting and for your kind words. Very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photo Lenna-pure happiness! I miss you my friend but totally understand how busy you are. I am so glad you're taking a more holistic approach to your condition-it will be so good for you in so many ways and it sounds like you're already well on your way-good for you! I changed my eating habits when dxd with chronic auto immune issues along with spondylosis and inflammation-it has made a HUGE difference in how I feel and I rarely have to take an anti-inflamatory med.All the best to you dear Lenna. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a beautiful photo, Lenna. Very happy and content :)

    I love the positive attitude you have regarding your health issues, it is the best way to be. I'm so glad that your liver problems can be reversed with a different food and drink regime, good luck!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and do not appear on the blog until I have personally approved them. I love receiving your comments and want to thank you in advance for your patience :0) lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...